Saturday, December 6, 2008

Did Mary Know?

I was in the car this evening on my way to pick Kim up from a birthday party and on the radio they were talking to the man who wrote the Christmas song "Mary did you know?" I love that song. I could listen to it over and over (and I have even when it's not Christmas time). They asked him where he got the idea for the song and his answer was that when he was a child his mother said something to him about wondering if Mary knew all the amazing things that her son would do. Walking on the water, raising the dead, giving site to the blind, etc....

We know that she knew he would be the savior of man but did she really know all the wonder and amazing things he would do? We all as mothers have dreams and wonder what our children will become. She knew her son was the Son of God and was our Savior. What kind of dreams could she have had for her child with that kind of knowledge?

So here I wanted to share this song with you. I love the version that Kenny Rogers and Wynona Judd does the best.

1 comment:

Marva said...

I love this one too! My all time fav!