Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A day to myself

Today I will be having a day to myself for the first time in almost 5 years. Things at work have slowed down so I am taking a day off a week. Larry will be at work and Kim at school so I will be totally alone. If I didn't have so much to do still to get ready for Christmas I think I would be lost.

My plan is to drop Kim off at school and get my work out in at Curves. Then I will be coming back home, cranking up the music and tackling house. I have already moved through her room and the computer room in the past couple of evenings. So on to the rest of the house. I'm going through everything/ Closets, dressers, storage.......everything. I always think this is a good time of year to do such things. Get rid of the old before bringing in the new.

I usually have a lunch date with a friend on Tuesdays so I invited her over to my house for lunch. I'll have to make us up something yummy. I think a nice turkey sandwich and some pasta salad.

If I can get through my house this morning then I'll have a few hours this afternoon to work on my calendar for 2009. I put together a calendar every year of pictures of Kim for my mom and a few others as Chrismas gift. This year however I haven't felt very creative and have only been able to get 1 page done myself. Thankfully I have a wonderfully creative friend who has been kind enough to help me out with it. She's gotten almost the entire calendar finished for me. I have one more month to get together.

A friend asked me why I don't take the day and be lazy but I think instead I'll take advantage of the time to get ready for Christmas. Then I'll be able to spend some days by myself soaking in a hot tub with a good book.

1 comment:

Mel @ Studio MCA Designs said...

Hope you had a good day! You seem to be able to clean faster than I can. I need to bring some of that to my house! ;)