Friday, December 12, 2008

Dealing with a bully

It breaks my heart to think that at 4 I have already had to have the talk with Kimmie about how to deal with a bully. But I did this morning. There is a little boy in her class at school who is farely new to the class. Every day when I pick her up she tells me about how he hit her or pushed her or pulled her hair. Wednesday when I picked her up from school he hit her and she was upset about it I told her to tell her teacher (thinking that she would do something about it). All she said was "Tell Kimmie you're sorry". Last night in the middle of her program he hit her in the forhead. Ruining her show in the middle of it for herself. I sat down with her this morning and talked to her about it. I'm just furious that this little boy is bullying my sweet girl and nothing is being done about it, really. Obviously "tell Kimmie you're sorry" isn't working to get him to leave her alone. So I told her that it's not ok to fight with someone or to hit them just to be mean BUT and I mean that as a big BUT if he doesn't leave her alone she has every right to defend herself and if she feels like she needs to punch the little punk in the nose then she better do it. I told her that I'm sure she'll probably get in trouble with her teacher but she won't be in trouble with me because he has it coming. Today when I pick her up I'm going to have to tell her teacher about our talk. I do want her to have fair warning that Kimmie may take it upon herself to tromp that little brats butt if he doesn't leave her alone. I do hope that she doesn't have to resort to that but if it comes down to it he may need it. I would hate for him to think that it's ok to treat others like that and in preschool he certainly shouldn't be getting away with it. That's just setting him up for more trouble later and more kids to be hurt by him as well.

No comments: