Friday, December 26, 2008

A blessed Christmas

I hope that everyone had a blessed Christmas. Our family had a wonderful day together. Christmas Eve I went and spent time at church with others at 11:00. We sang some carols and had communion together. It was a nice time. Pastor Carey was asking when our favorite Christmas was.

I would have to say that my favorite Christmas was in 2004. It was Kimmie's 1st Christmas. We were living in Republic and our whole world had changed. We now had a baby and we were living in a town where the only people we knew were those from a lifestyle that we no longer lived. Money was tight and we really had nothing to do any shopping for gifts. Although I squeezed out a little to get a Teddy Bear for Kimmie's first Santa present. Our Christmas dinner was tacos, certainly nothing to get excited about. But I had everything I could have ever asked for.

I had a warm home, food to eat, and the most wonderful gift I could have ever received. On Christmas morning when my sweet girl woke up and I went in her room to get her out of bed. I said "Merry Christmas Beautiful" and her response was her beautiful smile. What better gift could a new mom receive.

That's my favorite Christmas and not because I got some wonderful gift that my husband bought at the store or because we had this amazing meal but because it was my most blessed.

I would love to hear about your best Christmas.

No comments: