Friday, December 5, 2008

Baking for Relay

Last night I spent the evening baking away. Chocholate chip and Peanut Butter Cookies, Russian Tea Cakes, Banana Bread and Lemon Almond Biscotti. I even packaged them up on nice little trays. Boy did I get ambitious or what. I really should have had it all done last weekend when I had 4 days to get it done. But no not me. I seem to be the queen of procrastination lately. But it's all done.

So this afternoon my sister, myself and hopefully some others from our Relay for Life team are going to set up a table on the side walk with holiday goodies and hot cocoa and spiced cider. It's Yulitide festival in town this weekend so hopefully we'll get lots of traffic and sell our our goodies.

This is our first fundraiser for the 2009 Relay and we are hoping it goes well. 2008 our team raised a little over $2000 and I think we can do better then that. My hope for our team is to double that. So if you're in Wallace this weekend stop by and grab a cup of something hot to warm up with and a tasty treat to enjoy and you walk about town and enjoy the holiday festivities.

No comments: