Saturday, November 15, 2008

Going back to church

So last week my sweet girl invited me to church with her and my Grandma. I went to the church that Grandma has been going to the past few months and while the fellowship with the other members after the service was nice and the minister was very kind his sermon really didn't move me. I enjoyed the morning with my girl but went away feeling like I was still needing more. I didn't really feel at home. I also have an issue (and I'm sure it's with myself and something I should work on) with scripted sermons. I just leave wondering if there is someone in a big office somewhere else telling the minister what he's supposed to be talking about on Sunday morning then how do I know that he's really listening to God. How does that other person know what the congregation really needs to hear this week? Does the sermon on the schedule really relate to what's going on in that congregations area?

So tomorrow we are going to the church that I went to as a kid. I really think that sending Kim to the Christian school has been good for her and myself. I've been feeling for a while that I needed to get back to church and now with her wanting to go it's good for both of us. Maybe someday Larry will want to go with us. And if not atleast I've done what's best for Kim and given her the faith base that I feel is so important.

No comments: