Friday, November 28, 2008

Holiday Meal Must Haves

I was reading over at Siesta Fiesta Blog and they were sharing some Thankgiving recipes. It got me wondering what are some must haves that other people share with their families. Normally with our Holiday meals I do all the cooking. Everyone comes to our house and we share the day. But there are a few things that no matter what else is on the menu have to be made. Like Mom's Pea Salad and Pecan Candied Sweet Potatoes. This year we spent the day with Larry's family so I didn't cook but I still had to write down the recipes for those family favorites for my sister to make.

***********
Mom's Pea Salad

1 head of iceberg lettuce
1 can petit peas, drained
2 cans tuna, drain
1 bunch green onions, diced
miracle whip

Tear lettuce into bite sized pieces, stir together with peas, tuna and grean onions. Stir in miracle whip, just enough to coat salad. Not to much, it will get goopy and that's not good.

**********
Pecan Candied Sweet Pototoes

Peal and cut up sweet potatoes. Place in baking dish. Cube 1/2 stick of butter and scatter over the top of the potatoes. Sprinkly with brown sugar and a hand full of chopped pecans.

Bake at 350 till tender.


As you can tell I don't really cook with real recipes. A little of this and a little of that. Atleast with the old family favorites that don't technically have a recipe card to follow.

So what are some family favorites that you have to have every year?

1 comment:

Carol Woolum Roberts said...

I've finally had a chance to visit your blog. Thanks for checking in on mine every once in a while. Sorry I haven't had a chance to say hello at church. But it is sure nice to have you there. Bless you and your family!!!