Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Kindergarten

I registered my Kimmie for Kindergarten last week. They have 2 classes and after talking to quite a few parents and teachers who have had interactions with both teachers I decided it best to try and request one of the teachers and not the other one. Reports of things that have gone on in the one class room with how the teacher talks to the kids and handles behaviors in her class are really not where I want Kimmie to be. It seems there is a lot of yelling and screaming from the teacher to the kids. Well I found out yesterday that even after my request she was placed in that class. Now I'm having really mixed feelings about the whole thing. Do I call the school and be one of those demanding moms and throw a fit (if needed) and have her moved to the other class? Or do I sit back and see what happens? Do I wait and see how Kimmie responds to this teacher? Do I just wait and see if maybe there is an opportunity to share with this teacher how we hold the preciousness of others to heart and how we speak to each other? And how we don't allow Kimmie to speak to others? And how by her speaking to her class in that manner she's diminishing how valuable God sees each and every one of those children? I can't imagine it would go over very well to have Kimmie stand up in class and inform her teacher that saying something like "Shut Up" are stinky words and we don't speak to people that way. And maybe having a harsher teacher will be good for Kimmie. She does seem to do better when there are stronger boundaries (give this kid an inch and she'll run over you to get the whole mile).

This is definitely going to be something to pray about a lot. What do you think? What would you do?

No comments: