Thursday, May 21, 2009

Relay Idol

I know that some are saddened that American Idol is over. I can't say that I'm really one of them. I only really watched it this year during the auditions. I really didn't follow the rest of the competition. However, for those who live in the Silver Valley we have the excitement of extending our Idol "fixes". I guess we'll put it that way.





I'm planning a fundraising event for my Relay team, Relay Idol. I'm really excited about it. It's always so wonderfully amazing to see how our community comes together to support a good cause. I have a wonderful friend who has a karaoke/Dj business. He does the best job and really is quite spendy for his services. But he has been so generous and offered to donate his services for the evening.





We will have 15 singers, who will each sing their choice of song. After all the contestants have finished singing then the voting will begin. Each singer will have a sack to collect their votes (1 vote for each dollar collected). The singer with the most votes (money) will win the competition.



This evening should be tons of fun. I'm really excited about it and can't wait to see how it goes. So if you think you are going to go through withdrawls due to missing American Idol come see the show. And help us support Relay for Life and the American Cancer Society.

2 comments:

Marva said...

That is so neat! I wish you blessings on your endeavors! Have a great time too! Blessings!

Carol Woolum Roberts said...

What a great idea. I'm sure you'll raise lots of money with this fund-raiser.

Have a wonderful weekend, and we'll miss being there yet again on Sunday morning. It will be nice to be back the following week...and I look forward to hearing how the worship conference goes next week.

Bless you!!