Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend and Kindergarten

Tuesday we registered Kimmie for Kindergarten. She's so excited about going to the new school. All she's been talking about is going to her "high school" and riding the bus. I really hope the actually school year meets her excitement and expectations and more.

We had a wonderful weekend here. 3 wonderful days of warmth and sunshine. It was a great kick off to summer for us. We had some nice relaxation and still got a lot accomplished.

I worked my rear end off and got the garden completely planted. Now I just have weeding and watering and eventually harvesting to do. We planted lettuce, spinach, turnips, carrots, peas, beans, squash, watermelon, cantaloupe, pumpkins, cabbage, strawberries, tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash and corn. I think that's everything. I did end up with a bit of sunburn on my lower back from being bent over but it'll be OK.

Kimmie and I were able to get in a couple of good bike rides too. She's doing so good and is such a trooper. Saturday we road 6 miles to my sister's house and back. Then today we did 8 miles. We road to Grandma's, went to lunch and then back home again. On our bike ride today we got to see a couple of quail and a snake on the trail. The snake kind of startled me a little bit but we stopped to check him out. Kimmie wanted to stomp on him because as she put it "he was like Satan". I think she has taken the story of Adam and Eve very much to heart. But of course I wouldn't let her and we nudge him on his way across the trail and back in to the protection of the bushes.

It's a short week for us here. We only have 3 more days of school/work. Then Friday we have her bike-a-thon and school picnic. Then summer will officially be here.

1 comment:

Marva said...

The garden sounds great! I can't wait to see pictures! Hope all is well and the bike riding sounds so relaxing! Blessings!