Saturday, May 2, 2009

Gardening

So the last few weekends we have been preparing our little garden areas. Two flower beds have been dug up and planted.

The first bed I dug out. You can see the wheel barrow full of grass and weeds that I pulled out.


Flower bed number 2 before I started on it.




And now finally the finished beds. Planted with pansies and petunias and then covered with back. The big bed by the house is also full of bulbs that will fill in the space nicely when they come up.






Then this morning my AWESOME boss brought his tractor to my house and tilled my garden for me. Six passes with the tractor and about 30 minutes and it was done. It would have taken me all day with a tiller that I would have had to push. Now we just need to go pick up seeds for what we want to plant and put up stakes for the climbing plants. It's my first garden and we're very excited about it.

2 comments:

Carol Woolum Roberts said...

Wow, you do have quite a large garden plot. How exciting to plant all those wonderful goodies. Just make sure it is corn on the cob, not just kernels of corn. LOL!!! I can't wait to see the progress. Keep us all updated on your blog!!

Marva said...

Awesome beds and gardens! Great job there busy lady! Can't wait to see the updates. Isn't gardening fun! We love farm life! Blessings!!!