Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Is your heart sick?

Last week a friend of ours had to have bypass surgery. A triple bypass and he's only 54. Guess all those years of working out of town, being single and not eating right have caught up with him. Thankfully the surgery went well and he was home on Monday. Now for the long recovery.

On to my question, is your heart sick? Saturday Larry was telling Kimmie that Kevin was at the doctor because his heart was sick. I wasn't privy to the conversation so I'm not sure what brought the subject up or what exactly was said. I just know what I was told later.

When he told her that Kevin's heart was sick, her response was "Daddy, you mean Kevin doesn't have Jesus in his heart?" What an amazing way of looking at it. Without Jesus in your heart your heart is sick. I swear this little girl puts a new perspective on things for me every day. She's only 4 1/2 and she already seems to get it. Understanding that you have to have Jesus in your heart and in your life.

I really have no idea if Kevin's heart is "sick" without Jesus. I've known him now for 17 years but never in a way that I would feel comfortable asking him that question. That's one issue that I have to really work on better and start stepping out of my comfort zone more on. And now I'm wondering how many people do I know that really have a "sick" heart. But I've never taken the time to ask them. Do you have a sick heart?

2 comments:

Marva said...

Wow! What a smart kiddo! I do have Jesus in my heart but had open heart surgery at the ripe ole age of 19. That will really put things into prespective!

My Daddy had 5 bypasses at 55 years old and he is 75 now. Praise the Lord for all good things!

Wonderful post! Thanks for sharing and hoping you can find Jesus in others' hearts! ;)

Blessings sweet frend!

Leahann said...

I was thinking about was Kimmie said and how my Grandpa suffered from congestive heart failure for years. He ultimately died from it a few months before Kimmie was born. But you know his heart wasn't sick. And I'm so blessed to have had a grandfather who's heart wasn't sick.