Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spring Busy-ness has begun

Warm weather has finally begun to show it's lovely head around here. Atleast for a few days here and there. But with it has come the busy-ness of cleaning up the mess that winter has left behind.

Last weekend was wonderful. The sun was shining and it was warm out. We spent most of the weekend outside. Cleaning up the yard and digging up new flower beds. Kimmie had asked if we could plant a flower garden so we did. I still have the back yard to finish up but we'll get to it soon.

We also have plans to plant a vegetable garden this year. It will be our first time but we are very excited about it. Kimmie keeps talking about all the things we will be planting. She insisted that we plant corn on the cob not just corn.

I started walked in the past few weeks. With the sunshine and warm weather I just have to get out and enjoy it. And I'm trying to get myself more active. I'm trying to get in a walk at lunch atleast 3 days a week. On top of my Curves workout that I'm able to get in 3-4 mornings a week. And I've added a nice walk with friends each evening after dinner. Originally I would have preferred those evening walks to be kid free, Kimmie has insisted on joining us and it has definately been to my benifit. By the time we get back home she is worn out and bed time has become so easy.

Friday night Kimmie had a sleep over at my sister's. Larry and I had to laugh at ourselves because we had a kid free Friday night and we spent it cleaning the garage. We actually ended up with two truck loads that went to the dump. And another truck load of wood that we took to our Brother-in-law. Hopefully he'll be able to use it to make something pretty for someone.

This coming weekend will be busy for us as well. We have a parade on Saturday. And we'll be walking in it to promote Relay for Life. Larry will be working on the garage some more. We are putting a door into the back side of the garage so we have better access to that storage area for all our outdoor stuff (bikes, mower, etc). And we're hoping to get a bike ride it. So hopefully the weather will cooperate and we'll be able to get it all in.

2 comments:

Marva said...

You've been one busy lady! How cute about the corn on the cob! Kids say the cutest things! Glad all is well and have a blessed week!

Did you get my package a week or so ago? just wanted to make sure it arrived okay.......

Blessings!

Leahann said...

Yes Marva I'm drinking a cup of your coffee right now. It's very yummy. I sent you an email last week, maybe it didn't go through. I'm still working on what I will send out. I'll definately try to get to it soon. Thanks again for the yummy morning jump start. :)