Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Discouragement/Encouragement

Yesterday was a bit discouraging for me. It was my day off and I had more phone calls from work, asking questions about project we have in the works and some nit picking about little things.

Then I got a phone call from a man who is doing his own thing for Relay for Life and I swear he is going to make me crazy before Relay get here. He leaves these messages and talks to me like I'm stupid and that just makes me angry. Then I quite honestly don't want anything to do with him at all.

With all that going on my head really wasn't where it should be and I left my purse at Walmart. I didn't even realize that I had left it until a few hours later and then I had a panic attack (of course). I was frantically racking my brain trying to remember where I had it last. I called Walmart and thankfully they had it. When I went to get it I was so happy to find that everything was still in it.

I'm finding that when I have days like that if I just sit back with my IPod in the quiet by my self. Listening to songs of praise it so puts my head back where it needs to be and brings me back to center. I'm so greatful to have such a loving, encouraging God who can wrap me in his grace and mercy not just on days like yesterday. But everyday.

1 comment:

Marva said...

Praying for you and the man too! Maybe today will be better. What a blessing about your purse.

Blessings!!!