Thursday, May 7, 2009

This week has got to end

So after this week has already drug me through the dirt. Today didn't start out any better. I got Kimmie to school and realized that I had forgotten my change of clothes for work. So back home I had to go. I missed my workout. Got back to town and ran to Walmart to pick up some pots to put the flowers we got my mom and Grandma for Mother's Day in. Then had to stop at the printers. I had signs to get printed and laminated for Relay for Life, copies of Relay info for another team captain to make and invitations for my Grandma's birthday party in need of printing. I got out of my car and promptly hit the lock button and closed the door. The instant the door shut I knew what I had done. My keys were in the car.

I got my printing done and then walked down town to work. Of course the only extra key for my car was in Larry's pocket and he was a mile underground at work. I called and left a message for him to call me. And figured last resort I would break a window out before I was about to pay $75 for a locksmith to come up and get my car open. Thanks to a 0 deductible and State Farm it would surely be cheaper to break the window and have it fixed at work then to pay the lock smith.

But I do work with some really AWESOME guys though. After they were done with their lunch break. They went up to my car and went to work with the slimjims. They got my car unlocked and brought it back to the office to me.

And my sweet husband didn't call me. Instead he just drove to town thinking that I still needed his help. And he didn't even give me the hard time that I was expecting from after the way the rest of my week has gone.

If I was a drinker I could easily have stopped at the bar tonight on my way home and stayed there. But alas that's not me anymore. So instead I picked up my girl from the sitter and came home. Made her chocolate chip pancakes for dinner. Potted those flowers for my little girl to take to my mom and Grandma. And thinking that there must be something I'm supposed to be learning from a week like this. Is it more acknowledment of how blessed I am? Is it having more patients with others and myself? I know I'm so very blessed. And I know I really need to work on my patients. So I just have to say.....enough already. I really don't think I can do many more days like this week has been.

1 comment:

Marva said...

Hoping for a better week next week........but remember you are a child of the KING and you can do all things through him. Phil.4:13.

Blessings and((((hugs)))!!!