Sunday, March 8, 2009

How was your week?

This past week has been a long one for sure. After our car accident last week we were truly blessed when a dear friend offered us loan of her car so I didn't have to work to figure out how to get Kim to and from school and myself to and from work. My sister was very willing to work it all out with me but I was so thankful for my friend's offer. It's just so hard to work out 2 trips to and from town a day and 3 peoples schedules with 1 car.

So my car was ready to go from the body shop on Wednesday. I happy that they were so quick. Just six days and now it's looks brand new again. I got a new bumper, new headlamp, new radiator, new air conditioner condensor, and a small ding worked out of my fender. The air conditioner recharged and complete 4 wheel alignmnet. All for the grand total of $2600, thank heaven for State Farm. My car looks great now though and even runs and drives better then it was before. So there are a few things that would have needed done before summer was over so in that respect the accident was really a bit of a blessing.

We've had typical March weather. Near 50 degrees early in the week and then a blizzard yesterday. The blizzard gave us another 4 inches of snow and was so bad at one point that I couldn't see across the street. I was not thrilled. I'm not a fan of winter anyway and by this time in the season I'm really done with it.

I also got a new parenting book from church and have been working on some issues with Kim. She really can be such a sweet kid but definately has issues with thinking that she is in control and can do whatever she wants. And She doesn't listen to well when I'm trying to get her to do what she needs to do. So we are working on these issues. And today was definately a battle day. We got to church and the fit started. Unfortunately we ended up spending nearly the first hour of church in the car while she threw her fit. Finally she settled down and I gave her the final choice of going in and sitting on my lap in the back prayer room where we could still hear the service over the speaker or staying in the car until service was over. She of course wanted to go home but that wasn't one of the options. She finally decided that we could go in and sit in the back room. It was definately a rough morning but I won that battle. We are now one step closer to where we need to be. I hadn't realized that we were really child-centered parents. And that is really hard not to do when you have an only child but we will get past this and get to the next step.

So how was your week? Anything new and exciting in your world?

1 comment:

Marva said...

Way to stand your ground! Glad you got your car back and what a wonderful friend! Nothing exciting here......just typical things. Happy Monday and blessings!