Thursday, March 26, 2009

Busy months ahead

I was sitting yesterday and thinking about all I have planned between now and summer and thought "Holy Cow I'm going to be a busy girl".

I'm on the committee for Relay for Life. Our Kick Off Party is April 8th. That is really the start of our fundraising and getting everything ready for Relay. I am chairperson for sponsorship and team captain for my team. So I have to get our sponsors organized and my team as well.

For my teams big fundraiser this year I'm planning a "Relay Idol" competition. I would really like to get that together and done in May. There will also be our "flockings" that will begin in April.

My grandma will be celebrating her 85th birthday in June so I'm planning a party for her. We haven't had a family get together since 2001 when my grandparents celebrated their 50th anniversary. So I think it's time for us to get together again. As well as thinking that an 85th birthday is a big deal.

In July I'm taking pictures at a class reunion. The classes of 48, 49 and 50.

Then in August we finally get to Relay for Life. I'm so excited about it again this year. Kimmie and I had so much fun last year. And I think it's so important to get her involved. Then finally we will be celebrating her 5th birthday and getting ready for school again.

The summer is going to fly by. But it will all be fun and well worth the work.

1 comment:

Marva said...

Oh my! You are one busy lady! Don't forget about Easter and the 4th of July in there too! ;)

LOL!

That is awesome about relay for life!

Have a great weekend!

Blessings!