Friday, March 20, 2009

Changes in my girl

I'm happy to say that I am definately seeing some changes in my little girl's behavior. Twice this week we have had to run to the store and normally she would be running off and thinking it's a funny game to run away from me trying to get me to play a game of chase that in turn just makes me angry and a fight insues. Well she started to run ahead of me and I just said "Kimberly" and she stopped and turned around. I said "you need to come back here and stay with me". And much to my amazement she walked back to my side and held my hand all the way through the store. I was totally shocked and wanted to know who this strange kid was.

Tonight she was laying on the floor in my room kicking the door. Her dad told her to stop and a while later she started in again. So I took her by the hand and led her to her room. Told her to sit on her bed until the timer went off. There was no fit. She sat on her bed and when the timer went off we talked about what she had done and then she apologized for not obeying (to both of us).

I'm in no way thinking that this sudden Stepford child is here to stay but I'll certainly enjoy it and hope that the good behavior continues.

On another bragging note. I was so proud of her today. At her school they have been having "Spirit Fridays" this past month. I think they have been looking for things to get the cabin fever and dullness of the end of winter. So today was King/Queen day. The kids got to dress up and wear their "royal attire" to school today. Of course my girl went as a Princess. She had been telling me this week that she was going to take two extra tiaras to school with her incase someone didn't have one to wear. Sure enough 2 little girls in her class didn't have tiaras today and she shared. I was so proud of her thinking ahead and making sure that no one in her class was left unable to dress up like a Princess. I surely hope I can continue to cultivate that in her. The ability to think of others and share what we can when we can.

1 comment:

Marva said...

That is really wonderful! I wish she were giving lessons, as my twins are constantly trying to my patience. I love them so much, but they can be so rebellious sometimes.

That was so sweet a bout the tiaras! Blessings!