Saturday, January 31, 2009

Why wouldn't HE love me that much?

I've really had something on my heart and mind this week. I've been married for almost 16 years now. Longer then most of the people I know. That in it's self is a wonderful accomplishment that my husband and I are very proud of. These have not all been easy years. We've had our ups and downs as in every marriage. We've also made very poor choices that could have ended our marriage had we not been willing to look at the bigger picture and fight for our relationship.

So I've been thinking about all the poor choices I've made in the past years that could have easily ended my marriage. But I am so blessed to have a husband who loves me and values our marriage enough to say "I love you and I'm not going anywhere and we're going to work this out."

So I'm left to ask if my husband. An average man. Who is human and full of his own flaws can love me that much then why wouldn't God love me that much. Even with all my poor choices and all the times I've walked away and turned my back on Him, how wonderful is it to know that HE loves me enough to say "I'm not going anywhere". And how wonderful to know that when I finally get my act together again and return to Him, HE is there waiting with open arms to welcome me home again.

1 comment:

Marva said...

He does love you enough! Isn't that wonderful to know?!

Wondeful post and many blessings! Congrats on 16 years! WE have 10 in the bag!

Blessings and happy Sunday!