Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Well we've begun another new year. Last night I took Kim and my niece to a little party at church. We ate great finger foods and played games. Had great laughs and enjoyed the time together. We were home by 10:30. The girls were wore out and fell asleep in no time.

Today has been a lazy day. Still in our jammies. I started my fast with dry whole grain toast for breakfast and apple cider. Then for lunch I had a raspberry/banana soy smoothie that I have to say was very yummy and I'll be looking forward to another one tomorrow. We snacked on popcorn and then I made some yummy vegetable barley soup for dinner. It's just loaded with vegies and very filling with the barley. This will definately be on my menu again.

I also read 7 chapters in my Bible. The One Year Bible is set up so that you can read Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs. If you read what is set aside for each day you will read the entire Bible in one year. I can break it up like that though I feel like I'm reading 4 books and trying to keep the story straight is tough. So I thought I would read all of one book and then move to the next and go from there. This morning I started with Genesis, where better to start then "In the beginning...." If I can get some quiet time to myself tonight before I'm to tired I'll read some more.

1 comment:

Marva said...

Sounds like a blast.The Bible reading is how i am goin to do it too. Good luck with the fast.

Bessings!