Friday, January 2, 2009

Living in a small town

I love living in a small town. One of the perks is knowing most everyone. We got a bit of snow last night so this afternoon I got all dressed up in my snow gear and headed out to the driveway to shovel. I really hate shoveling but I suppose I hate having my car stuck in my driveway more. One of our Chief of Police (whom I've known since I was a kid) was plowing our street with the big loader. He stopped in front of my house and chatted with me. He asked me if I had had enough of this winter stuff yet. I said "well I haven't gotten stuck in my driveway yet so it's not to bad". He joked that he had the equipment to fix that for me. I then joked back "well I was thinking I could just move my car and you could clear it out for me" He said "sure no problem". So I moved my car and he quickly plowed my driveway for me. Then he continued clearing the rest of our street. One of those wonderful perks to living in a small town. You would never see the Chief of Police plowing the streets and they certainly wouldn't stop to plow a private driveway in the city.

No comments: