Friday, January 30, 2009

Menu Planning

In an effort to get the amount of money we are spending at the grocery store under control I've taken a page from my friend over at Blessed Frugalness Times Two With Twins and made a menu plan for the next month. I think it's ridiculous that I have been stopping at the store on my way home daily to get what we're having for dinner and it's frightening to see the total that is going out to the grocery store.

So here it is....

24 Pizza Night
25 Parmesan Chicken, Salad
26 BBQ Ribs, Baked Beans
27 Hot Dogs, Sour Kraut, Mashed Potatoes
28 Ham and Eggs
29 Soup and Sandwiches
30 ***TAKE OUT***
31 Sloppy Joes
1 Pot Roast
2 Steaks, vegies
3 Stroganoff and egg noodles
4 Pork Chops, Cheesy Brocolli, Apple Sauce
5 Pancakes, Bacon, Eggs
6 Pizza Night
7 Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes
8 Burritos
9 Split Pea Soup (crock pot)
10 Nachos
11 Sweet and Sour Chicken and Rice
12
13 ***TAKE OUT***
14 Mac & Cheese
15 Steak and Salad
16 Tacos
17 Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
18 Ham and Eggs
19 Parmesean Chicken and Vegies
20 Pizza Night
21 Tostados
22 Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Vegie
23 Steak and Salad
24 Pork Chops, Cheesy Brocolli, Apple Sauce
25
26 Soup and Sandwichs
27 ***TAKE OUT***
28 Ham and Beans

Every other Friday is pizza night. Kim and I make homemade little individual pizzas and we have family movie night. I even made room for take out nights to give myself a break. I went shopping last weekend and bought nearly everything that we will need for the month. I will have to go back to get fresh produce, milk and bread as needed. But I am no longer stopping at the store daily. What an absolute waste of time and money.

This past week has gone so smooth. I am loving having a plan again. It's been a long time since I was organized for dinner like this. Thanks for the inspiration Marva.

No comments: