Monday, February 2, 2009

I'm SO ready for summer

You will NEVER hear a complaint from me about how hot it is during the summer. I am not one of those people who gets all miserable while sweltering in the heat. I LOVE the summer. So it's a bit discouraging when the darn groundhog pops his head up on February 2nd and sees his shadow. For telling another 6 weeks of this cold miserable weather.



Who ever said he had the power to control the seasons anyway?. Stupid groundhog.

I know I sound a bit hateful today but I'm just tired of freezing. I've never been a big winter fan. I once thought that I would atleast force myself to enjoy it more when Kim was big enough to want to go out in it. But she's my girl and while the occasional moment of building a snowman has come about she would much rather be inside snuggling with a blanket and a good movie.

So I guess I'll spend another six weeks of starting my car 20 minutes before we have to leave in the morning. Six more weeks of scaping my windows so I can see. Six more weeks of tredging through snow to get where I need to go. Six more weeks of bundling up with layers to keep warm. I guess the only good thing is that the way time flies these days that six weeks will be hear and gone before we know it. Well time does slow down when it's cold though.

2 comments:

Marva said...

I am actually enjoying the winter. We work so hard in the summer and are out in the 100 degree weather for 14-16 hours a day.........yeah....I'll take a winter break.

I know it is colder where you live. Hey! I've got the perfect solution.......there's ahouse for sale close by......lol!

Sorry, had to go there. Stay warm!

Blessings!

Leahann said...

You know Marva if there was work available to pay the bills I would be happy to move south. Guess I'll have to stick out the cold until God decides it's time for us to go somewhere else. :)