Sunday, February 22, 2009

It was a very nice Sunday

I got to sing at church today as part of the worship team and I really enjoyed it. It was so nice to be able to get up on the stage and hold that mic in my hand and sing for HIM. There is something about singing in public that really lifts me up and to be able to sing for His glory makes it all that much better.

Then we got the priviledge of sharing some wonderful fellowship time and great food with a potluck this evening.

And now it's back to another work week. I can't believe there is only a week left of February and March will be here. Spring is around the corner and will be here before we know it. Thank heaven for that. When I brought Kim home from school on Friday the tree in our front yard had a load of robins in it. A wonderful sign of warm weather to come.

Tuesday I get another wondeful day to myself. Hopefully this week will be better then last week. My poor sweet girl is still having to deal with the bully problem at school and last week she spent the entire morning in tears. Her teacher finally called me and I went and got her.

Quite frankly I think that the children who are the problem should be sent home but I went and got her and took her out of the situation. I did get some good advice from my Pastor though. She suggested that I talk to Kim about it and explain to her that the reason these 2 kids are so mean is because they don't have Jesus in their hearts and they don't know how much He loves them and how much He loves her.

So she and I talked about it and she understands all those points. And I asked her if there was something really special she could pray to Jesus and ask him to give to the kids that are being mean to her, what would she ask Him to give them. My sweet girl said "I would ask Jesus to give them a great big hug like I give you momma". I couldn't be more proud of her. Even with these 2 kids making her feel sad she understands (atleast a little bit) that they need His love. I'm going to keep reinforcing that with her and helping her to pray for these 2 kids. If at the very least she will have a different perspective on them and hopefully she will be able to move forward and not be so sensitive to the taunting.

I think it's just appauling that in Preschool we have to deal with the issue of bullying but we will deal with it the best we can. I keep asking myself what ever happened to parents teaching their children how to treat others and how to be kind and conciderate of others.

1 comment:

Marva said...

What a wonderful Mommy you are. I have been missing you. Blessings!