Saturday, February 7, 2009

Busy Weekend

Since my boss is in Hawaii on vacation and it's been pretty quiet at the shop we decided to take yesterday off and enjoy a three day weekend. So after Kim got out of school yesterday (she gets out at 1:30 on Fridays) we headed to town for a little shopping. We needed a few things so I took advantage of the free afternoon.

Fist stop was at the Christian book store. I needed to pick up a new Bible. Since I started going to church again the Bible I have been using is one that my Grandma gave me. And it was printed in the Republic of Korea. I have been worried that something would happen to it. So I got a very pretty pale green one. I just love it. We also picked up Valentine's cards for Kim to take to school and Kim had to get a new little pink Bible for herself.

Then it was on to Shopko for a few things that Larry needed. The pet store to get a new "Sharky". Sharky is an algae eating fish and the one she had unfortunately didn't make it the last time I cleaned the tank and inadvertently put to hot of water in. My bad. Last stop was the dollar store to pick up some little things for Valentine gifts for Kim's classmates. I always try to do a little something extra for her friends on Valentine's in addition to their cards. We grabbed pizza from Papa Murphy's and back home we went.

Today the weather seems to be a little better. I think it's warmed up quite a bit. The snow has been melting off the house and the cat has been eyeing some robins that were flying out the window. I've been busy cleaning, organizing and clearing out some clutter. I went to the hardware store and grabbed the stuff for Larry to put up some shelving above the washer. I have been wanting them for a long time and decided that today was the day to just do it. It looks so much better in there now with all those cleaning supplies and Kim's craft stuff put up and off my washer and dryer.

I've got a couple of bags and boxes of Christmas ornaments and clothing that Kim has out grown in the car now. I'll drop them off at Goodwill tomorrow after church. When I grabbed the mail today I was pleasently surprised to find that the new pillows I had ordered arrived. Those will be nice to sleep on tonight. It's really quite sad to admit how long we have had our old ones. We were way beyond due to replace them.

I got the space cleared out and ready for a new stationary bike that should be here sometime this next week. Larry had been wanting one and I suppose it will make for a nice addition to the treadmill. I even reran the cable lines to hook the tv up by the treadmill so now we can watch whatever we want while on it. It had been connected to the bedroom digital box with a splitter so we had to watch the same thing on both tv's. So now that has been fixed.

I got all the laundry finished. Just need to fold it all and put it away. Will get that finished up after Kim goes to bed.

Got the fish tank cleaned and moved away from the heater vent. The algae was growing like crazy. More then the cleaning fish could keep up with.

So now dinner is ready and I can sit back and relax a bit. I'll finish up the laundry folding after Kim goes to bed and enjoy the quiet of the evening.

1 comment:

Marva said...

Sounds very productive! Great job Leahann! Have a great Sunday!

Blessings!