Sunday, July 6, 2008

It was a nice long weekend....

but now it's about over. Kim and I got to have an nice day on Thursday just us. We call them "Momma Kimmie Days". It doesn't happen often that I have a day off midweek while Larry is working so we enjoy them when we get the chance. We slept in and then made ourselves some Monkey Bread for breakfast. We took our time getting ready for the day. Then since it was payday we went to the office and got Larry's paycheck. Made a trip to the dump and did a little shopping. She has been wanting some new "summer dresses". She's becoming such a girl lately. Then we walked to the library and got her her first library card. She was very excited to get to borrow some new books and picked out 3 that were cute stories about bugs. I told her that Monday on our way home we can take them back and get some new ones.

Friday was the 4th of course. A day to celebrate our Independence. We had a nice laid back day and then family came over for dinner and fireworks. Kim was so excited about them. And with all the arials being lit off around the neighborhood she wasn't quite sure where exactly to keep watching.

This was the first year she got to try out sparklers. They were a HUGE hit. She kept wanting another after another.



The rest of the weekend was very low key. We were hoping to get to the pool but it didn't get quite warm enough and the wind was blowing pretty good. But now it's Sunday night and Kim is in bed so it's time for me to have some quiet time to myself folding laundry and watching Army Wives. I do hope that you had a great weekend celebrating the freedoms that we have been awarded at the great cost of many.

Thank you to all that have given up so much so that we could have the freedoms that we enjoy today.

Kim starts swimming lessons tomorrow. She'll have class everyday for the next 2 weeks. I have to work so I'm having my sister, my mom and my grandma take turns going with her. Hopefully I can get a few days to be able to go watch and I'm also hoping that I can get them to take pics of her for me as well.

No comments: