Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I bet you slept good last night?

I'm sure to hear that today as Kim spent the night at my sister's last night. But you know the truth is I don't sleep well when she's not home. Even at night when she would be sleeping the house seems extra quiet. And I just can't seem to really relax and get comfortable. Not that I'm at all worried about her. But she's not home. I do enjoy the peace and quiet in the evening but at the same time I miss bedtime snuggles. I suppose though I need to learn to get past those insecurities for her sake. She so enjoys having sleep overs at Grandma's and my sisters.

We got some extra money yesterday and she was asked if she wanted something.

Daddy ~ "A new trampoline?"

Kimberly ~ "no"

Daddy ~ "A new swimming pool?

Kimberly ~ "no"

Daddy ~ "well then what would you like?"

Kimberly ~ "My Auntie"

That response led to a phone call to my sister who offered to let her come stay. I tell you that little girl couldn't get her things together fast enough. She would have been going to her house early this morning anyway so that does make for an easier morning for me...but I still miss her when she's not home.

No comments: