Thursday, June 26, 2008

A favorite Birthday Year?

Over at the Sweet Shoppe today they were asking "What age was the best? Do you think you’ve reached it yet? Post about the experiences that have made you who you are." That got me thinking. What was my favorite birthday year? I would have to say that it was my 30th. That was a year of huge changes in my life. I quit my job of 5 years, we moved to a new state, found out we were pregnant, I became a stay at home wife (then later a SAHM) and most importantly had my first baby.

For quite some time I had been planning to have a BIG birthday party for my 30th. But instead I was 8 months pregnant. We went out to dinner just Larry and I. Stopped and had a drink (he not I) and I think I sang a couple of songs (Karaoke)then went home early.

I never thought in all my plans for life that I would be having my first baby at 30. But you know after all I wouldn't change it for anything. I know that I'm a much better mom now then I would have ever been in my 20's. I'm way more patient and way less into myself. Now what makes me smile is seeing my sweet girl smile.

No comments: