Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Where have I been?

Wow it's been forever since I got over here. It's been a busy couple of weeks since school ended. Working the out in the yard and in the garden, birthday parties and fundraising. Work, work work. Can I relax now?

Last weekend was especially overwhelmingly busy. Saturday afternoon we had my neice's birthday party, then that night Relay Idol and Sunday afternoon my Grandma's 85th birthday party.

Relay Idol was a great success. This being our first year and we had to compete with two weddings that day but we still had a great turn out. We had 6 singers who all did awesome and we raised $440 for Relay and the American Cancer Society. We are looking forward to doing it again next year.

Sunday I threw my Grandma an 85th birthday party. I think that 85 is a big deal plus it had been far to long since the last time our family got together. Almost all of us were there and she really had a great time. We made her a t-shirt with all of her Great Grandkids' (who were there) hand prints. Leaving room for the ones that weren't able to come so she can add them when she see them.

We should be able to slow down a little bit now. Well I hope anyway. I know that I do tend to take on more then I need to. But that's something that I need to work on too.

No comments: