Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Take a bath already.......

Ok so I just want to know why is that people insist on not bathing? We have those that smell like cigarettes and/or booze, those that smell like B.O. and then there are the great ones that smell like urine. I don't get it. Can't they smell themselves? How does one go around stinking and not be aware of it?

Yes I'm a bit of a freak about odors on myself and in my home. And I have gotten worse about it since we got our dog. I'm so afraid that someone will come in the house and smell something. I shampoo my carpets so often I swear they are wearing thin. And I think that my phobia is wearing off on my 3 year old. She has to have "smell pretties" and stuff so she doesn't have "stinky pits". And she walks around the house wanting to spray the Febreeze on everything. She says she's "cleaning because that room is stinky" or so she thinks.

I even have a can of air freshener in my desk drawer for just the occasion that I have a stinky customer. This came up today because a friend was talking about an issue she has with a smelly co-worker and I had a smelly customer come in. He had an appointment and was a half hour early. He stunk of urine. Everyone else was at lunch and I offered the man to wait in the waiting room but instead he stood just a few short feet from my desk. I'm sure it would have been rude of me to go spray him down. Could you imagine actually doing that? Wouldn't that be something?!?!

No comments: