Saturday, February 2, 2008

SNOW SNOW and MORE SNOW


Just when you think we couldn't possibly get any more....we wake up to another 6+ inches. This past week it has done nothing but snow. It's gotten so deep and heavy that everyone is on top of their roofs shoveling it off. Unfortunately yesterday was to much for the school bus garage. The roof couldn't hold the weight of the snow any longer and it caved in. 6 buses damaged, 2 of those totalled. So unfortunate.

I've only been stuck in my driveway twice this week. The first time was the worst. Thankfully a nice neighbor stopped and pulled me out with his truck. I was so grateful to his kindness. When I said to Kim "we're stuck in the driveway baby" she looked at me with this serious look on her face and said "We're glued to the driveway momma?" I couldn't possibly think of a better way to describe being stuck in the drive way.

Then on Friday I had troubles getting out again. But with a little patients and a lot of kitty litter I got out. After I left at 9:00 a friend of ours came by and plowed out our drive way. But by the time I got home at 3:00 there was another 8 inches and you couldn't even see where he had plowed. Man, I'm glad he did though and I didn't have that much more to shovel.

I was not one bit surprised that Punksatony Phil saw his shadow this morning. At the rate we are going here in Idaho winter will never be over. At the very least it will be July before the snow in our yard is gone.

4 comments:

Mel @ Studio MCA Designs said...

OMW! That is a lot of snow! She looks like she is having a ball though.

Sonia said...

Oh I have never seen that much snow, it is beautiful but it must be a pain to have to live with it! Nice to see that you have started bloging again :-)

katg1006 said...

Oh No Leahann that's terrible!!!
Love your blog!!

Scrapmuch said...

great pic! hope the weather improves . . . we've been getting hit here in Chicago, but not nearly that bad!