Saturday, April 24, 2010

One Thousand White Women

I recently read a really good book that left me wanting the rest of the story. I love getting a good book that I just can't put down. But hate when I get to the end of it because it leaves me wanting more. There has to be more to the story. Even off shute stories of the rest of the characters. I want to know more.


The book I read is One Thousand White Women: the Journal of May Dodd.


It's a fictional story based on a true moment in history. It left me wondering though how much of the story could have possibly really happened. And I would also love to see this one made into a movie.


So what have you been reading lately. I'm always of the search on the next good book.

2 comments:

Carol Woolum Roberts said...

I read that book a couple of years ago, and I loved it, too. So interesting. I like books that are based on historical fact. I'm reading "The Big Burn" right now about the 1910 fire, by Timothy Egan. Paul and I are writing a lot of scripts this summer about the fire, so it has been good for research.

Leahann said...

I tried to read that book last year and just couldn't get into it. I will have to give it another shot. Right now I'm reading The Help and really liking it.